Goods Home Design

is an online home design magazine but do not sell the products reviewed or showcased on this site. We try to show you what is new and beautiful in this area, arranged in several category

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Toddler Chairs Made out of PVC Pipe

Toddler Chairs Made out of PVC Pipe
Furniture can be expensive, especially if you want a beautiful designed and environment friendly piece. Most commonly, stores will charge you extra for creative projects, but if you have the time and are a bit comfortable with making things on your own, try this awesome DIY toddler chairs out of PVC pipes. Normally, you wouldn’t think of PVC pipes as perfect items to fashion something like a seat, but if you see the final result, your curiosity will be aroused for sure. A nice paint job and some fabric will turn what would be an ordinary material into useful little building blocks for a chair. Making a couple of these chairs will definitely add a nice touch to the décor of your room. Find (in the link below) the entire list of materials required for the DIY project and what directions are needed in order to make a lovely toddler chair out of PVC pipes. Remember you’ll be doing the Environment a favor as well if you choose this DIY project.
DIY Toddler Chairs {Made out of PVC Pipe}
My mom made a chair out of PVC pipe for me when I was about one year old and I actually still have it (the fabric is worn and it's in pieces right now.)  The Little Lady played with it until I decided to do an update.  Plus, I wanted to make one for her cousin for his first birthday.

These would make great beach chairs.  They'd be great for camping too.  Don't you remember being a kid and loving things made just your size?


The Little Lady had to sneak into almost every shot.  I think she's going to miss having two chairs to drag around the house.


I was bummed to only find PVC with printing along the sides, but that didn't bother me too much, because I knew spray paint would solve all my problems.  It always does.


Update: 100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover will take off the marks on the PVC.

These chairs are pretty easy and require very basic sewing skills.  Also I paid about $11 for all the materials- PVC is pretty cheap.

You will need one piece of sturdy fabric such as corduray, denim, or upholstery.  I cut the fabric at 29.5" X 17.5".  I used 1/2" seam allowance.  You can adjust the size of the chair and the fabric just as long as the fabric has enough slack when it's put on the chair.

Once the fabric is cut, fold right sides together hot dog style and sew the long sides together.


Then, move the seam so it is in the center and iron seams open.


Sew shorter sides together.  Leave a few inches on one side.


Turn it inside out through that opening....


Then lie it flat and fold the short sides towards the middle on the side of the fabric with the seam.  I folded 3" on each side.  Then sew it down.  I ended up sewing two lines so it would take some wear and tear, but that's not in the picture.


After you've made two loops on the short ends of the fabric, you're done, and now it's time to work with the PVC pipe.  
I used 3/4" PVC Pipe

You will need:
8 elbow pieces
6 T-shaped pieces
1 length of 3/4" PVC Pipe
I cut the pipe into 16 pieces with the following lengths:
7 pieces at 10 inches
2 pieces at 6 inches
4 pieces at 4 inches
4 pieces at 5 inches.


I used a PVC Pipe Cutter (actually I enlisted my husband to do this part).  This takes quite a bit of elbow grease.  You can use a saw if you don't have a cutter.


I used Krylon Fusion Plastic Spray Paint to paint the pieces.  They were really hard to put together since the paint made them thicker.  Next time, I'm painting the whole chair.


Put it all together using the pictures below as a guide.


Now all they need is a little one to sit in them!


Taha Hussein

Goods Home Design is an online home design magazine but do not sell the products reviewed or showcased on this site. We try to show you what is new and beautiful in this area, arranged in several category .

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Goods Home Design.